I made this coaster and thought I should share the steps that I took to get my final product.
- Get a decent looking wooden plank and evenly measure how you want to cut it up.
- Cut off the long side of the plank that is not going to be used.
- Each piece is slightly uneven. Using the shortest piece, measure the excess wood on each of the other pieces and cut it off to make each piece even.
- You can leave the edges sharp but I thought it will be cool to have curved corners. So using a pen and a round container, draw the curves that you will like on the corners.
- With a cylindrical stick that fits into the hole, glue the stick to the hole of the bottom piece (this will be the holder for the other coasters).
There are so many things that could have been done to refine the final product. I could have coated it to give it a glossy look or inscribed some quotes or logos into each coaster or maybe painted it with different colors.
What will you do with the coaster?