Positec is a manufacturing company that specializes in the production of power tools and lawn and garden equipment.
Founded in 1994, Positec’s corporate headquarters are located in Suzhou, China, and the head of its North American division is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Positec is known for its production of the Rockwell Tools and WORX brands.
- Industry: Construction & Power Tools.
- Positec’s Business Goals: Develop its local sales channels in a new priority market – Nigeria.
- Results: Established commercial relationships with credible distributors and resellers for its portfolio of products in Nigeria.
Kpakpakpa arranged a customized business entry and expansion solution that involved a two-step market research and business connection process. The solution that was implemented to meet Positec’s goals provided the company with:
- A Total-Addressable-Market analysis for the construction and power tools industry.
- Competitive landscape analysis and market trend prediction to guide growth strategy and expectations.
- Pricing research to understand competitive pricing and assist with pricing strategies in a price-sensitive market.
- Regulatory overview and possible barriers to entry.
- Shortlist of vetted distributors and resellers for partnership.
- Assistance with business visa requirements to visit Lagos for a week.
- Clearly organized and scheduled face-to-face meetings with their ideal business partners during visit to Lagos.
- Follow-up with selected local partners that had options to choose from the various offerings from Positec’s tools portfolio.
During the entire project, kpakpakpa’s dedicated client engagement manager provided strategic advice and actionable insights for Positec’s team to act on as they built their market-entry strategy and stay in touch with their new local business contacts.
Do you want to get similar results across Africa?
Talk to our business development specialists who can replicate these results for your team. Get a customized plan for how you can supercharge your business growth across Africa.