Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) is an American motorcycle manufacturer founded in 1903 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, noted for a style of customization that gave rise to the chopper motorcycle style.
The company, of approximately 5,000 employees, markets its products worldwide.
It also licenses and markets merchandise under the Harley-Davidson brand, among them apparel, home decor and ornaments, accessories, and toys.
- Industry: Consumer Goods – Automotive.
- Harley Davidson’s Business Goals: Expand brand in sub-Saharan Africa as part of the executive-level agenda to grow business in high-growth markets – Nigeria being a key focus.
- Results: Got a realistic understanding of the opportunities for luxury motorcycles in Nigeria’s price-sensitive market. Developed a low-risk approach to expand into the market in the long-term.
Kpakpakpa arranged a 3-month long comprehensive market study of the automotive bike market in Nigeria to help Harley Davidson understand the market structure and meet the right partners to grow its sales channels in Nigeria.
The customized market intelligence and partnership-sourcing solution provided Harley Davidson with:
- Realistic and granular understanding of the luxury automotive industry in Nigeria.
- Competitive landscape analysis.
- An in-depth understanding of the needs of its target customer base.
- A localization strategy to fit its product to the intended target market.
- Supply chain analysis
- Pricing research to understand competitive pricing and assist with pricing strategies in a price-sensitive market.
- Assistance with visa and business visit requirements necessary for visit to Lagos, Nigeria.
- Shortlist of vetted distributors and resellers for partnership.
- A local tour of the city to get an in-person understanding of the local landscape and how it fits into their business priorities.
- Targeted face-to-face meetings with the top automotive distributors and resellers interested in the brand.
During the entire project, kpakpakpa’s dedicated client engagement manager provided strategic advice and actionable insights for Harley Davidson’s team to act on as they built their market-entry strategy for their products.
Do you want to get similar results in Africa?
Want to find out whether we can replicate these results for you?
Talk to our business development specialists. Get a customized plan for how you can supercharge your business growth across Africa.