Market-Entry and Access to Channel Partners in 12 Countries
KitchenAid is an American home appliance brand owned by Whirlpool Corporation. The company was started in 1919 by The Hobart Manufacturing Company to produce stand mixers; the “H-5” was the first model introduced.
They are a manufacturer of premium kitchenware appliances. Known as market leaders in the stand mixer product category. They manufacture and distribute stand mixers, major kitchen appliances, commercial foodservice equipment, countertop appliances, and parts & accessories to multiple countries across the globe.
- Industry: Consumer Goods, Kitchenware
- KitchenAid’s Goals: Make a solid entry, understand the distribution landscape, and expand its presence across 12 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Results: A curated and vetted list (with company profile and contact details of decision-makers) of the top 3 – 5 commercial entities and distributors to partner with in each of the 12 prioritized English- and French-speaking countries in West and East Africa.
KitchenAid was looking to expand its operation in Africa beyond the South African market.
The company had been doing business in South Africa for a few years and has been looking for visibility to expand across Africa and was looking to explore new channels and distribution partners in the priority markets north of South Africa.
Through a search and scouting engagement over a three month period, we provided access to channel partners across 12 countries in East and West Africa.
Our team of local in-country consultants:
- Identified retail outlets and partners that will have access to the customer segment that KitchenAid was targeting in each country.
- Through in-person visits and phone interviews, the long list of prospective partners was vetted to curate the best distribution partners that met KitchenAid’s criteria and were eager to engage them in a commercial relationship.
- Curated a list of the best 3-5 distribution partners in each of the 12 countries that KitchenAid wanted to expand into. The list included distribution profiles and contact information to decision-makers that could easily facilitate a commercial partnership to fuel their growth in each country.
Outcome – Access to 60+ vetted local in-country partners to facilitate distribution across the West and East African region
- Shortened lead-time to market in 12 countries
Saved KitchenAid time and resources to meet credible, vetted, and valuable distribution partners in 12 English and French-speaking countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Go-to-market strategy and a framing of distribution opportunities
Provided a go-to-market strategy that would guide KitchenAid’s short to mid-term expansion plan across the continent with a proper scope of the broader distribution opportunities to tap into in each country KitchenAid is interested in.