KitchenAid is an American home appliance brand owned by Whirlpool Corporation. The company was started in 1919 by The Hobart Manufacturing Company to produce stand mixers; the “H-5” was the first model introduced.
They are a manufacturer of premium kitchenware appliances. Known as market leaders in the stand mixer product category. They manufacture and distribute stand mixers, major kitchen appliances, commercial foodservice equipment, countertop appliances, and parts & accessories to multiple countries across the globe.
- Industry: Consumer Goods, Kitchenware
- KitchenAid’s Goals: Make a solid entry, understand the distribution landscape, and expand its presence across 12 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Results: A curated and vetted list (with company profile and contact details of decision-makers) of the top 3 – 5 commercial entities and distributors to partner with in each of the 12 prioritized English- and French-speaking countries in West and East Africa.
Through a search and scouting engagement over a three month period, we provided access to channel partners across 12 countries in East and West Africa.
Our team of local in-country consultants:
- Identified retail outlets and partners that will have access to the customer segment that KitchenAid was targeting in each country.
- Through in-person visits and phone interviews, the long list of prospective partners was vetted to curate the best distribution partners that met KitchenAid’s criteria and were eager to engage them in a commercial relationship.
- Curated a list of the best 3-5 distribution partners in each of the 12 countries that KitchenAid wanted to expand into. The list included distribution profiles and contact information to decision-makers that could easily facilitate a commercial partnership to fuel their growth in each country.
Do you want to get similar results in Africa?
Want to find out whether we can replicate these results for you?
Claim your FREE 30-minute consultation with one of our business specialists. At your own schedule, they’d developed a customized plan for how you can supercharge your business growth in Africa.